In need of a powerful engine that could carry more rolling stock at greater speeds, the Pennsylvania Railroad in the 1930s developed the GG1 electric locomotive for use in the northeastern United States. It entered service in 1935, and, with its sleek and innovative design, captured the imagination of the public and was featured in numerous films and advertisements. The last locomotive was not officially retired until 1983.
Sporting a Penn Central paint scheme, this newly tooled, N scale replica of the GG1 is DCC-ready and features a finely cast body, LED directional lighting, 12-wheel drive, a fully outfitted cab interior with see-through windows, wire grab irons, detailed trucks, magnetically operated knuckle couplers, and RP25 metal wheels with added weight for smooth operation. Minimum radius of 11¼". Measures approximately 6" long.